Tuesday 8 September 2009

I've set up a blog, what now?

Okay...Setting up a blog. It can't be hard, can it?

I now believe that these things are sent to separate those who can from those who can't. Where am I in this? Somewhere in the middle (or balanced as I like to call it).

So now I have a blog what next? How do I go about getting people to follow it?

OMG! Please tell me that writing something unique and interesting isn't a part of it. I'm doomed. Perhaps I should aim for about 5 followers. Yeah that's do-able, especially if I force Hubby to be one of them. Perhaps I could have an alter-ego out there...that's 2 down. So now I need another 3. Any volunteers?

And now for the fun bit. How do I personalise it? I need at least 700 font options and 500+ colour options. Then I can procrastinate for a day or two while I work out how which font/colour is really me.

Then I need to find a good picture (perhaps of someone else).

Having managed to do this I now feel the need for a lie down. Catch you later.

(I'm talking to myself aren't I?)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah! It's great that you've started a blog. Blogging is lots of fun, and I find the best blogs to read are written by the people who are writing for themselves. Try not to worry about how many followers or comments you get, as it's not always indicative of the amount of people who read your blog anyway. Your Followers are only people who have Blogger accounts, and, for instance, I have a Wordpress account so I wouldn't register even though I've subscribed to your posts, and so on.

    I found your blog because you wrote the link on the bottom of one of your messages on the A215 Cafe - I think that's a good method of attracting readers. Another good way is to read other blogs similar to yours (so, in this case, A215 blogs) and comment on them. The authors of those blogs will probably wander over to yours, too.

    There are a surprising number of A215 blogs on the go. Some of them are listed on my blog (and I keep updating it), but I've only really listed the ones who are writing about the course itself, not the ones who are posting only their writing.

    I hope that helps - sorry it's a long comment! Good luck with the course.

    ReplyDelete